For those of you who liked browsing through some of my favorite finds each week – never fear! The Fave 5 posts aren’t going anywhere. However, they are transitioning into a monthly post.
the best of the best!
Between my illustration work and my full time job, finding new and interesting links was becoming a bit of a chore. So instead of posting each week just for the sake of it, I decided to try a monthly approach. The result has been great! I kept tabs of some of my favorite blog posts, podcasts, and other artists throughout the month and now I have narrowed down the list to 5 great links to check out. So without further ado, here they are!
- I still can’t get over how hilariously true this flowchart is by Jessica Hische! “Should I Work for Free” is a question we ourselves early in our careers. This is a no nonsense guide to finding out the ever evolving answer.
- Tara Gentile has done it again! – written a straight forward helpful post that I will reference a few more times before I’m done with it. She lists her preferred “Tools of the Trade” – everything from social networking helpers to mailing list programs.
- I am not a design blogger, but this charming forest wedding featured on The Storque this month had me swooning in the aisles. Thanks to the rustic-chic design and handmade details, I returned to day-dreaming of wedding ideas as if I were a little girl again.
- Briefly mentioned on Pikaland this week for his Spirit Animal sculptures, Julian Callos has a wealth of beautifully illustrated work as well! If you did not get a chance to peruse through his portfolio, take a moment to sit back and enjoy.
- Finally, a couple of meaningful quotes by Dave Eggers as featured on the blog of Kerri Smith. (Ok – this was from Dec 30th, but it has haunted me all month long!)